Are you looking for the techniques for grinding coffee beans by French Press?
If your answer is “Yes”, you are in the right place. In this article, I am going to discuss the steps of the grinding process and the big mistakes you do every day. Read the article carefully to avoid mistakes and know the right way to grind coffee beans.
You know there is a bundle of issues that you need to observe to get a fresh and mind-blowing coffee. Coffee is not just a package of caffeine you are taking. Nevertheless, it deals a lot with our personality.
French Press coffee has a unique taste, elegance, and brewing technique. At first see, the steps below I have mentioned to have a healing cup of coffee. Here’s the Best Way to Grind Coffee Beans With French Press.
Best Way to Grind Coffee Beans With French Press – Step By Step
Step 01: Bring water: At first you have to bring enough amount of water to purify the French Press to boil water. The amount of water depends on the size of the press. Normally, 350 grams or 12 ounces are needed to pour a common French press. Make sure that the water is fresh and healthy.
Step 02: Grind coffee: Now start heating water. While the water is becoming heat, you can grind the coffee beans. You should follow the ratio of 1:12 coffee to water. It will increase the taste of the coffee and measures the right amount of caffeine.
Step 03: Pour water: Now measure the amounts of coffee that you want to grind. You have to pour water regarding the amount of coffee. You have to pour water twice the amount of coffee. For example, if you have 25 grams of coffee, you have to pour 50 grams of water.
Step 04: Stirring: Take a bamboo spoon to stir the lee of the press. Stir slowly the bamboo spoon so that the coffee gets enough heat. Let it be heated for 30 seconds.
Step 05: Pour the remaining water: Already you have arranged an amount of water. Now pour the rest of the water into the press. Place the lid slowly and carefully on the top of the press. Do not move the lid. Stay for four minutes. Listen attentively; you have to wait just four minutes, not much.
Step 06: Final stage: Now move the French Press from the scale to the ground or your counter. You are a little bit back to the final stage. Now press the filter down. If you feel it’s too hard, you have got a good quality coffee. Otherwise, the coffee is too coarse. Whatever, you will get the sweet fragrant of the newly brewed coffee.
When you have the coffee, do not let it sit in this condition. You must serve it immediately to your dear one or drink it now. If you keep the coffee for a while, it may lose the original taste and become coarse and bitter.
The three common mistakes that we do normally:
- Not grinding the coffee properly: The taste and amount of caffeine depend on the grinding process of the coffee. You should know the perfect way to grind coffee. Stay for the right time when you are grinding the coffee. Do not hurry to grind it or do not be late to also.
- Wrong quantity of coffee: Normally, we believe that mixing water and coffee in the grinding machine makes a cup of coffee. You should know that grinding coffee is an art. The taste and sweetness depending on the right amount of coffee beans and water in the coffee maker. You must know the right amount of water and coffee beans that you are going to grind.
- Leaving it for a while in grinding condition: When you have the brewed coffee, serve it immediately to your dearest one to drink. We do this mistake very often and said that the company of the coffee is not well. It is our mistake. If you keep the brewed coffee in the maker for a while, it turns sour, bitter, and course.
See the best 2 French Press coffees grinder:
I have made a list of the two best French press coffee grinders. You can choose these coffee grinders from the marketplace.
Porlex Mini Stainless Steel Coffee Grinder:
By the name of the grinder, you have got the idea that it has a stainless steel body. It is small in size that you can carry it anywhere into your bag. The steep body gives you the chance to clean it in a very short time.
Features as follows:
- It has ceramic conical burrs with a wide range that can grind powder to the French press.
- Maximum 20 grams of coffee capacity.
- The grinder is made in Osaka, Japan.
- The full body is made of steel.
Baratza Encore Conical Burr Grinder:
This is an award-winning coffee grinder. This is the main specialty of coffee grinders. You will be happy to hear that professionals use this grinder to serve their customers. It has a world-class support center. With the professional, the homemakers also like the grinder most. It is user-friendly with a simple push-button that you have to use to on/off the grinder.
Features as follows:
- The most attractive feature of the grinder is the Award-winning coffee grinder in the world.
- It has a push-button of a switch to on/off the function of the grinding.
- You can set up to 40 grinding methods within the single grinder. You just need to know the process.
- It is made in Liechtenstein, Europe.
- It has a powerful DC motor.
- Amazingly, it has one year of warranty.
Bottom line: Already you have the idea of grinding French Press coffee at your home. To be sure about the steps, read from the first again. Enjoy your daily coffee with a French Press grinder.
Common mistakes to avoid
- Irregular grinding.
- wrong quantity of coffee.
- Leaving the coffee in the French press after pressing.