Pool balls receive a lot of hitting during a game of pool. Very obviously, it gets dirty more often or not. Chalk marks, stains and dirt often leave a yellowish label on the balls. And so, it is necessary to clean the pool balls so that they remain clean. Unless you clean the balls, it might get damaged and loses their beauty. If you are pondering about how to clean pool balls, you have come just in the proper place. In this article, I will take you through to the detailed step by step guide as well as the pros and cons of how to clean pool balls with perfection.
What is Pool Ball?:
The Pool balls are also called billiard balls. It is mainly played for pool pocket billiards or pool billiards games. To play a match, different colored pool balls are needed and they represent different numbers. These balls are made with hard plastic material with a glossy finish. You can read top pool balls reviews by sportsavis.com for information about pool ball.
Pool ball cleaning techniques:
In reality, pool ball cleaning is quite an easy task. It only requires your attention and a bit of time. There are many ways to clean the balls. But most pool lover and experts rely upon too of the easiest ways to clean the balls. These two ways are-
- Cleaning with water and detergent: It is handy for the semi-regular purpose to clean away chalk marks from the balls.
- Professional grade cleaning: If the balls have got yellowish marks and have lost the fairy luster, then a professional grade cleaning is necessary. It will help the balls to get back their luster through polishing and fine-tuning. Furthermore, it is helpful to clean the deep stains too.
Now I am going to discuss these topics in detail. So, let’s begin.
Cleaning with water and detergent:
It’s the easiest way to clean your pool balls within the shortest possible times. It works well with dirty balls.
You will need-
- A packet of detergent
- A bucket full of hot water
- Another bucket with normal water
- A towel and a fiber cloth
- Water heater
- Stirring spoon
The cleaning process is described step by step for your convenience-
- At first heat the water up to 110° centigrade.
- Put the water in a bucket
- Mix soap or your home detergent with it.
- Stir the mixture of water and soap or detergent for one or two minutes to dilute them well together.
- Put the dirty balls into the solution in the bucket ( A large bucket will be able to take all the balls in it)
- Keep the balls in the solution for at least five to ten minutes. It will help the detergent solution to the work to soften the dirt and yellowish stains from the ball
- Take the balls out one by one. ( Do it carefully so that the hot solution doesn’t cause you to burn)
- Use the microfiber cloth to rinse the balls to remove the dirt.
- Put the rinsed balls in another bucket full of cold water.
- After keeping them in the cold water for about half an hour, take them again one by one and clean them with a towel. It will clean if there is any detergent left behind on the balls.
- Leave the ball to dry properly. Wet balls might get damaged.
This step is helpful for plastic pool balls. Wood or ivory made balls require some special cleaning treatments.
Follow the below guideline to clean the wood or ivory pool balls.
Professional grade cleaning:
If the balls are yellowish, you require a professional grade cleaning material to wipe out the stain. The steps are as followed.
- Pool ball cleaner
- Pool ball restorer
- Microfiber clothing
- A large bowl
Cleaning process :
You need to follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Take a professional restorer. Shake it well and apply it on the first pool ball.
- Keep the ball in a bowl.
- Apply the ball cleaner on all the balls in the same way.
- Start cleaning from the first ball using a microfiber cloth to rinse the restorer.
- Then shake the ball cleaner and apply it on all the balls.
- Rinse it after a few minutes until you find the luster of the ball back again.
Aramith pool ball restorer and cleaner are really effective to do your cleaning job with ease and perfection.
Didn’t you find these two processes easy to adapt and apply? I would wait eagerly to hear from you about how these steps helped you to clean your pool balls. Do leave a reply and help me know how my week-long research on ball cleaning helped you.
These steps are the easiest. So, I believe that you will be greatly benefited by the guideline. Signing off for now!